8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course
Group, individual and Online sessions.
Do you find you
- spend a lot of time worrying about what might happen?
- are unable to sleep at night because you are ruminating about past events or possible future outcomes?
- have anxious feelings, sometimes for no reason?
- create endless to-do lists?
- have difficulty with feelings of stress, anxiety and sadness?
Many people feel this way. As our busy lives speed up, more and more pressures are placed upon us and at times we can feel overwhelmed. This course gives you the tools to create a new relationship to stress and to life's ups and downs.
The MBSR 8 week course-
- teaches you to take better care of yourself so that you are able to live your live in a fuller and healthier way.
- promotes a way of being that helps us tackle life problems – physical, mental, social and emotional
- The focus of the mindfulness practice is to learn to be aware of the small changes in the physical sensations in your body; what is happening in the world around you using your physical senses, thoughts and emotions.
- The course programme encourages us to develop the skill of being aware of our experiences (good and bad, pleasant and unpleasant) from moment to moment so that we can learn to respond more skillfully to situations rather than simply reacting automatically.
Overall, the course is often helpful in dealing with an ongoing difficulty – the problem may not change but the way we can learn to relate to it differently.
Practice mp3’s and our extensive Participants Handbook will be emailed out to you in advance of Week one. Like most things in life, you get out what you put in, and Home practice forms a large part of the programme and you will need to commit yourself to building in and practicing for up to an hour each day:
▪ Listening and practising, using the mp3’s
▪ Making notes of your experience
▪ Undertaking some informal / daily life practices. These can be included as part of your routine and ordinary activities.
(Adapted from The Mindful Academy)